Meeting Your Internet Date
MEET THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Meeting Your Internet Date: If you are planning to meet up with someone, it is better that you do it sooner instead of later. This may sound odd, but you do not want to waste a lot of time. In essence if there is no love connection you want to know early on, before you have invested a lot of time and/or energy into it. I say this because it is so easy to become infatuated with words and mental images, so before you allow yourself to fall, meet the person.
But, there are a lot of crazy people out there so you have to protect yourself.
SAFETY MEASURES FOR MEETING YOUR ONLINE DATE
1) Always tell a friend or a loved one when and where you are going, and always leave your mobile phone on so that a friend can check on progress.
2) Schedule to Meet During Daylight Hours: This will ensure that you are in well-lit spaces and if anything happens, you will be surrounded by daylight and people.
3) Never Give Anyone Your Address or Allow Them to Pick You Up. Always meet your online date at a public place.
4) Pay For Your Own Meal or Drinks. You do not want this stranger to think that you owe them anything.
5) Never Meet For Dinner, Dinner is too late In the Evening. Catch an early breakfast or lunch.
6) Never Meet at a Hotel or at Anyone’s House. Not only will this send the message that you are meeting up to have sex, but it will also place you in a dangerous situation.
7) After You Meet Him or Her, Be Clear! After meeting him or her, be perfectly clear whether or not you want to continue the relationship. Let’s face it, the minute you lay eyes on your date, you will know where you want to take things, be honest. If you are honest with them, you will not have to duck and dodge their IMs or their emails.
8) Please do not sleep with anyone the first day you meet them. Not only will they think that you are a tramp, but this will ruin most chances at true romance.
9) Do Not be Afraid to do Background Checks. Make sure that what they tell you is true. There is nothing worse than finding out months later that everything was a lie. There are plenty of online services that allow you to pay for a background check. It’s a good idea because people WILL make things up. You are worth the investment.
10) Proceed With Caution. If he or she sounds or seems too good to be true, chances are, he or she really isn’t true. Pay attention to signs that indicate that he or she is a fraud!!!
Internet dating can be a great way to meet people, but you have to be careful. There are a lot of frauds and jerks out there, so trust no one!!