WHEN MASTURBATION BECOMES A PROBLEM
QUESTION: Hello I’m a 19 year guy from Pakistan. I’m masturbating since last 4-5 years. Means i started nearly at the age of 14 years. In last few months the rate of masturbating increased very much and i used to masturbate thrice in a days. Now from last few month I have a lot of Desire of having sex with any girl. Whenever i see any girl my penis become erect and i want to have sex with anyone. all day i have some type of desire and wish to have a sex with anyone that’s why i cant work properly. So plz let me know is there any way to minimize this problem. any medicines anything please. Plz help me out on humanitarian ground. I will be very much helpful to you. Please. Waiting anxiously for you reply.
Let me fist say that I understand your problem and that many others face the same thing. Masturbating allot only becomes a problem when it starts to interfere with your daily life. From what you wrote in your email it looks like it has taken over your life.
Let me begin by saying that masturbation is a good way to keep yourself safe and prevent you from having sex with any person that you see, so it can be very useful. But it sounds as if your mind has become preoccupied with sex and you have become reckless and out of control. In order to free yourself from this obsession, you will have to work to clear from your mind thoughts about sex and about masturbation.
Sometimes excessive masturbation is really Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This is a mental condition where your brain is preoccupied with touching yourself over and over again. To treat OCD effectively doctors use sex therapy and medicines like Prozac and Paxil, antidepressants that have been proven to mentally help people who suffer from OCD. These medicines have also been shown to decrease sex drives in people who use them, so they help in two different ways. You can buy Saint John’s Wort or SAM-E without a prescription and it is a weaker form of the above-mentioned antidepressants. If you cannot gain access to a qualified medical professional, then you have to
begin to train your brain yourself.
Here are some tips:
- Avoid all pornographic stimuli. Pornography will make you want to touch yourself or have sex, so avoid it.
- Stay away from sex workers. It’s easy to pay for sex so stay away from areas where this is a possibility.
- Avoid places that make you think about sex.
- Every time you feel like masturbating, splash cold water on your face instead.
- When the urge hits to touch yourself, resist and do something else like eat a snack, play sports, or go for a walk.
- Avoid television and surfing the net. There are things all over the place on television and on the Internet that will make you want to masturbate, so avoid it.
- If you find that you have to masturbate, use a condom. This will make it not feel as intense and it will also make it so that if you have a moment of weakness with a woman you see, you will have trained yourself to use a condom.
- Avoid sex. Fast from ALL sexual activity for 2 weeks. When asked, say no. This will be tough, but it will help calm your sex drive down a bit.
- Usually people who masturbate too much are also dealing with some form of depression. Get help from a medical professional if you are depressed.
You are at a dangerous point in your life and it is very important that you make the time and energy to heal yourself mentally. If you do not, you may end up in situations that are not good for you. Do the things that I have listed for 2 weeks straight and then go back your normal life.
If you are depressed, use this time to figure out why you are depressed, and talk to a trained professional, your pastor, a friend, or maybe even your barber about some of your problems.
After you have fasted from masturbation, porn, and sex for 2 weeks, it will be easier for you to function on a daily basis without being preoccupied by sex.
I hope that this helps. Good Luck!
Sex Addicts Anonymous